I don't want to be a brick in a wall. All bricks look the same and they are cemented into place, kept in rigid order. And walls divide. And life is like banging your head...

Working 9 to 5

I've got an interview on Thursday! Yeah, I know this blog is about dropping out of 9 to 5 but maybe the whole travelling Europe in a camper van with 3 kids is simply the product of a manic episode. I need to have a contingency plan, and Thursday's interview is a part of that.

I'm really pleased to get called for interview.

I wrote the school a long letter explaining that I had messed up my last teaching job because I hated management responsibility and it made me depressed. I told them that I was a good teacher but I had lost my confidence. I told them that I would not get a good reference from my last school. I said I hoped they would appreciate my honesty and that they would be prepared to give me a chance.

I'm really pleased to get called for interview.

The job I'm going for is a two day teaching job. I'm actually quite excited. I can really picture a better lifestyle.

The decorating is great, but it wrecks my elbows. I feel like I've got arthritus. They get so stiff and sore that they wake me up in the night. It makes me wince with pain when I transfer my pint glass from one hand to the other. It's clear that I will either have to reduce the amount of decorating I do, or learn to paint with my feet. I could probably earn good money as a street performer if I could then extend this to climbing ladders on my hands and doing ceilings.

More realistically, I should get a part-time teaching job and do the decorating in between and in holidays. The best of all worlds; steady income, an employer (for bank forms and applications), cerebral work to compliment the physical, and finally, if we do travel Europe I will have relevant, recent teaching experience. All I have to do is get the damn job.

You Count