I don't want to be a brick in a wall. All bricks look the same and they are cemented into place, kept in rigid order. And walls divide. And life is like banging your head...

First day at work

I've had 8 hours consecutive sleep, the house is empty and therefore I am not neglecting my family. True, there are a lot of other things I could be doing right now, but none of them as rewarding as a good blog.

I went for an induction day at my new school. It was a weird and not altogether pleasant experience. I enjoyed the day. The school is set in beautiful grounds in the middle of Charnwood Forest. The unpleasantness was having to wake up to an alarm and wear a suit. It reminded me too much of the last, awful, months at my last school.

I had to call round for Martyn first thing as well. He has gone to his house in Spain with Yanni and Eva and he needed a lift to the airport. I'm probably not supposed to be telling you this; He has an idea that if people in blogosphere know he's away, he will get burgled. I told him that was rubbish, but I know I will have to live with the guilt if it happens now. I think I'll check on their house just before they get back and then delete this post if anything looks amiss.

Martyn, Lorenzo and I have got an advert going into a national magazine early in the new year. We have been talking for ages about offering creative arts holidays in Spain. Martyn and Lorenzo own a beautiful house in the mountains of Andalucia and Martyn has already taken 3 or 4 groups of people doing drawing courses. We want to extend this to include creative writing and digital photography. We have masses of teaching exerience between us, and expertise in creativity. We are all very excited at the prospect. Who knows, we might even get the chance to do collaborative holidays.

I've been to town for the first time today to get some Christmas presents. I pretend to be a bit of a Bah Humbug when it comes to this time of year, but I love it really. This year I am getting Deb exactly what she puts on her list. I got in trouble for getting her what I thought she wanted for her birthday. I'll play safe this time. Although last year's gift was a surprise that was received enthusiastically!

Finally, I have come to a decision about how to notify readers, both of you, about new postings. I can't expect people to trawl through 13 blogs trying to spot what's changed. From now on I am going to write when I feel like it, as I do now, and record on a scrap of paper what I've done. Then, once a week, Sunday, I will change the What's New? post at celermansworld.

You Count